Take some time to become familiar. Please do not jump the gun – it will be beneficial to have a solid understanding. Follow at least the background orientation section of the Guidelines and the Guides. That will introduce the resources available and the forums to enable interaction with the community. The getting started overview is the high-level summary of all “getting started” points for a new developer.
After perusing the fundamental documentation, the primers will guide through the next stage.
Bearing in mind that FOLIO uses any programming language browse the repositories to gain insights from modules that handle similar facilities to your intention.
- Definition of the Okapi-Stripes Platform, FOLIO LSP Base and FOLIO LSP Extended Apps
- Okapi Guide and Reference.
- Modularity in FOLIO: Principles, Techniques and Tools.
- FOLIO-Sample-Modules guide.
- FOLIO Spring-Way Framework.
- FOLIO Vert.x library.
- RAML Module Builder (RMB) framework. Please pay attention that RAML Module Builder is no longer being extended with new functionality and is in maintenance mode only.
- Each server-side and client-side module’s own documentation.
- Stripes README guides to all front-end documentation.
- Stripes entities: packages, modules, apps and more.
- The Stripes Module Developer’s Guide for those writing UI modules for Stripes.
- How to run tests prior to commit The testing framework is explained. Guidelines for module developers.
- Permissions in Stripes and FOLIO.
- Back-end (server-side) modules.
- Front-end (client-side) modules.
- OpenAPI and JSON Schema.
- RAML and JSON Schema.
- System administration and deployment.
- Guides to various topics, especially at this stage the Setup and configuration and Development tips sections.
- Guidelines for various procedures.